Sat, Jul 03|
Harveysburg Road MBT Trail Head
DTC Ultra Training Run
Get in some miles with a group dedicated to helping each other learn and train for ultras!
Time & Location
Jul 03, 2021, 8:00 AM
Harveysburg Road MBT Trail Head, 5563 Harveysburg Rd, Waynesville, OH 45068, USA
About the Event
Start 8 am at Harveysburg MBT trailhead
- Harveysburg Road MTB Trail Head, 5563-5679 Harveysburg Rd, Waynesville, OH 45068 (take St Rt 73 to Harveysburg Rd (Fire Department building on the corner), follow Harveysburg Rd all the way until the trailhead, the road will narrow down after residential area and have a few potholes, drive slowly and carefully). Trailhead is about a mile from Rt 73/Harveysburg Rd intersection
Caesar Creek Mountain Bike Trails.
- Unless there are still large fallen trees on the course, we plan to run a mixture of Harveysburg loop (red trail) to Ward loop (blue trail). If there is significant damage the route will be altered.
- There is NO water and no bathrooms anywhere on the trail. Please bring a bladder or a handheld with you to last you 9 miles (if you plan on running the complete loop).
- This is a self supported run. Please carry all you need with you.
- We will have a container of water at the trailhead.
There will be options to run shorter distances : Harveysburg loop is 4 miles. Nettie will partially mark the trails in tricky spots to make sure no one gets lost. Nettie plans on running the loop twice (18 miles) and possibly taking runners on other parts of the trail (towards the campground) if there is an interest.
The longest run option will be about 18-23 mi.
MBTs don't have any significant climbs but offer a constant roller coaster of rolling hills and windy trails. There are some roots and tricky footing as well as some creek crossings. It is a super fun, moderately difficult trail to explore that offers stunning views of Caesar Creek Lake.